With 7 luxuriously thatched charming chalets built with romance in mind, each chalet sleeps 2 adults, accommodating a maximum of 14 guests. Tanamera is a retreat from city lights and work stress, a place to reconnect with loved ones and to unwind during an exciting South African journey. For romantic getaways near Sabie or Hazyview, Tanamera is a jewel in the Mpumalanga Lowveld.
All Chalets Offer:
In the Bedroom:
· Romantically draped mosquito netting over the bed
· 1 King-sized bed (most chalets can be split to have 2 Single-sized Twin beds)
· Log fire places
· Overhead Fan
· Extra electric heater & spare winter blankets
· Tea & coffee making facility
· Small fridge with fresh milk & bottled water
· Discreet Room Safe
· Laundry bag & service available
· Current Magazines
· Guest Directory – full of information & how we can help
In the Bathroom:
· Huge Bath big enough for two
· Walk-in Waterfall Shower
· Picture windows to see the Sabie River Valley
· Private areas with a “View” – the River View chalets overlook the Sabie River Valley from a wooden deck
· Forest View chalet has an open spacious, private patio overlooking the distant hills.
· Unheated Plunge pool – perfect to refresh you in the summer heat, a little chilly in winter!
· Wooden loungers with cushions
· Shade Umbrella
· Table and chairs for two
We make every effort to allocate your chalet of choice; to secure your preference, please make your enquiry in advance.
All chalets are within walking distance of the main building and all of the chalets have stairs to access them. Our Honeymoon chalets are more secluded and private and further away from the main building. If you have any concerns, please ask on enquiry. Our chalets are not wheelchair friendly due to this unique location. Our Porters will assist with bringing your luggage to your chalet on arrival and departure. Our car park is adjacent to the main lodge and away from any main road.
We offer private dining opportunities at every chalet, whatever the weather. If you would like for “special something” to be arranged for a “special someone”, please contact us prior to arrival and we shall assist where we can.